1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one of you techie guru's can save me?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by cfcboy, Jan 27, 2005.

1. cfcboy

cfcboy Member

Sorry to be a pain in the a55, by god I've tried to get my head round this but Im being a bit thick!

I want to transfer game patches (specifically an option file for Pro Evolution Soccer 4) to my xbox from my pc. I have ordered a cross over cable and thats about as far as I understand Im afraid. Im hearing/reading stories about modding etand Im a bit paranoid about screwing the xbox up (which happens to be my sons!, deep sh1t from "her indoors" if i break it!).

So to cut a long story short, how can i transfer game patches over to my xbox from my pc? Any help greatly appreciated and will also save my wife from castrating me for breaking my childs new xmas pressie!!!

Thanks in advance, CFCBOY

2. HGC

HGC Member

You should also download Flashfxp from the internet. Check out www.xbox-scene.com for guides on how to connect your xbox to pc and all the other stuff you need to do.

3. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

to transfer a file to an xbox you have to have ftp access to it. which requires a mod chip or a soft mod to be able to put a dashboard that has ftp access.

4. cfcboy

cfcboy Member

Can you use a soft mod to place a dashboard on the xbox? If so what one and is there a tutorial around I can use?

I was told on the xbox-scene forum that you had to use a mod chip to get a dashboard working

Mr Confused...

5. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

go to the x-s site and up at the top there is a link for tutorials. click that and look for "softmods or tsop flashing" also called exploits.
    seeing as youre worried about burning up the new xbox cuz of the wife's wrath, i would not do the soft mod. they are risky. especially if you dont know what youre really doing.
    i dont think i understand your reasoning for wanting to do this. you want an option file for a game. what is this file going to do?