1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which One Should I Get?? Mod or Fliptop??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lilballer, May 18, 2003.

1. lilballer

lilballer Guest

I know i asked this before but it was closed before someone could answer.

Ok I don't know if i should get the no solder mod with swap disks. Or the flip top with swap disks??? I've heard good things and bad things about the no solder. I heard that it can burn out a fuse or something in the ps2. If that is true then i will be getting a fliptop. Also i am looking at the usb neo key 3?? But haven't hard of no one using it. Also I hear that the fliptop can't play dvd rips?? Exactly what do that mean?? Do that mean copying a dvd to a cdr?? Say for example i download a dvd rip of a ps2 game and then burn it to a cdr. Will it work on the fliptop?? Will that work on a no solder? I know piriating is not allowed in this fourm and i don't download games anyway but would that work on a fliptopn If i did do that?? And what is the best price and websites i can get it from?? I only have about 45$. I'm only 15 and saving for a cheap dvd burner. About 155$ Thanks un advance for anyone who helps me!

2. lilballer

lilballer Guest

I cam't edit my messages because i won't stay logged in.

Anyway another question for the fliptop. If i burn a game that is in a .bin and.cue will it play with the fliptop??? How about the no solder and the neo key???

3. Snoogens

Snoogens Member

get neither......just go buy a action replay v2 (or gameshark) and make your own swipe card......this way you don't void your warranty! and there is no risk of burning out or anything like that (i guess the only bad point is that you will eventually wear out the cd tray motor, but then who cares, you can still you the card to pull it open if this happens.

4. lilballer

lilballer Guest

Well i don't think i want to wear out my tray that i need a stick to pull it out. So i am still going to get either a fliptop or modchip. But still don't know which one! Which once can't play 80 min disks?? Fliptop or no solder??

5. billz

billz Active member

no solder is your best shot

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

your warranty is only 90 days anyway. i'd say, get whatever you feel comfortable with. i had no-solder chips but after they killed 2 of my systems i went for the flip tops and i love it. the swap is faster than with a no-solder chip, and the flip top dont blow fuses.

7. lilballer

lilballer Guest

yea ok i'm going with a fliptop. Can fliptop play games that are over 650 mb?? or just 74min dvd rips??

8. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

You should buy a flip top, I had both the no solder modchip and I just got the flip top. The no solder modchip didn't play imported games, and plus as you said it does blow out fuses but it didn't happen with me. The flip top can play imported games and I think it can also play ps1 copies game imports I'm really not sure though I have yet to try it out. But just go with the flip top you will be a very happy person with the flip top, I also kind of looks better than the other cover, I just wish the flip top had PS2 written on it. If anybody knows where I can get a PS2 sticker from that I can put on the flip top please email me at metalgear12001@yahoo.com

9. Arsenal10

Arsenal10 Member

Hey where did you get your flip lid from? And is there step by step instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

10. Arsenal10

Arsenal10 Member

Hey where did you get your flip lid from? And is there step by step instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

11. lilballer

lilballer Guest

Yea my mom sent a check out for me to baysoft games yesterday so it should arrive by next week. Mom didn't want to use her credit card online. I can't blame here seeing as my aunt lost lots of money because someone got a hold of her account number while ordering online last christmas season!

12. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

I suggest the best place to get a flip top cover from is www.modchipinc.com it is a very secure site and it gives you a 30 day money back warranty, if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days. And it is a very cheap site thats where I get everything from.