1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which p2p app works best in proxy environment

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by btwell, Jun 25, 2003.

1. btwell

btwell Guest

i'm curious which p2p file sharing program would work best in proxy server environment
    in the past i've tried, grokster, imesh and kazaa and had no luck. I was wondering if someone knows any out there that may work or are working for them when a proxy server is present

thanks in advance

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi btwell, i use a proxy server for my 2 machines and i use dc++ ocasionally. When i use this it is fine as long as i set it to passive, due to my built in firewall. Im sure there are port fordwards available but unfortunately not tried any. It works great for me and i get great speeds to from some swedish 10mb connections. Not used it for a while, but highly recommended. I see from the rest of the posts that emule is highly recc too.
    Hope it helped.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

earth station 5 uses proxys and other such methods to block who you are so that those big bad industries cant do anything! That is more than likely going to be a biggg p2p app in the future!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies
    James![/small]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003