1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which program allows me to remove extra titles and still keep menu features?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BigRed1, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BigRed1

BigRed1 Member

I'm using DVDShrink and Decrypter now. I'm looking for a program that will allow me to take out the foreign language, previews, and extras type titles, but still keep the main menu intact.

Shrink lets me "reauthor," but I lose the menu feature in doing so.

Any suggestions?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

download the latest shrink (if you already havent). In full disc mode, choose the thing(s) you don't want, and choose still picture under compression. this will compress everything you dont want down to nothing, and you will still have the menus.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigred 1

The best "stripper" type programme is DVDremake. You can get it here (it costs):-

http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake/index.php

There are numerous guides available on the net. id suggest using Google and the authors home site.

You could try these free app's both will do (most of the time!!) what you are looking for.

DVDstripper (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://dvd.box.sk/index.php?pid=dvdr_soft&prj=info&pol=0&rid=7771

and you can see a guide here :-

http://www.dvdstripper.com/

and if you have trouble installing or find you have missing files you can read an faq here :-

http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?s=bc8e3c79145636d8bd2ee6b6e42b4b9d&t=33795

Vobblanker (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://www.posunplugged.com/jsoto/

and if you need a guide you can find it here:-

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~yyyyyy/vob_blanker/vob_blanker.html

Note! DVDremake & DVdstripper will not remove unwanted audio stream. DVDshrink can do this after initial processing with the previous 2 mentioned apps. Vobblanker, on the other hand will remove audio streams. All of these 3 packages are pretty fun to use & will add to your DVD backup experience.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

AMD Athlon FX-53(939 pin). ASUS A8V Deluxe Athlon 64 2000MHz SB, Dual LAN, IEEE 1394.
    1024MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200), 2 X 200GB SATA, 2 X Pioneer 107D. 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 XT.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  4. clark10

clark10 Member

I have a great process I've been using..

step 1

Backup entire DVD to harddrive (Using DVD Decrypter its fast)

Step 2

open files using DVD Shrink you should pretty much be able to maintain the disc file structure menus etc if you don't speak french you can remove the sub titles and audio channels

keep removing unwanted junk until you get in the 4 GB range you might even have to set the compression ratio to automatic hit the backup button let the old shrinker work its magic in most cases the files are reallocated and not compressed

there you have the dvd intac...... holla

5. BigRed1

BigRed1 Member

Thanks for the help guys. Going to try these options out now. Much appreciated!

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Welcome to aD BigRed1,

Since you're already comfortable with DVD Shrink you may want to give Nero's recode2 a try. It's been too long underrated and your menus stay right there when you re-Author -

Cheers,

Pete

7. BigRed1

BigRed1 Member

Thanks again for the advice guys. I tried sly_61019's suggestion with Shrink and it worked just perfect. Those are the results I was after. Thanks again for the help sly.

I will try clark10's way tomorrow and see how something with a twist works out. Never used these programs in reverse like that.

ScubaPete, I have the latest edition of Nero 6, and added the upgrade and plug ins for "recode2." Looks good so far, but does it have the "simple pictures" custom feature, or similar, like what sly_61019 is talking about above regarding Shrink? I found that this feature reduces the "extra's" titlesets down to a fraction of their size, making more room for the main movie. Good feature of Shrink

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  8. Eudoxus

Eudoxus Member

BigRed, Pmfjih. Unless DvdShrink has changed in last release or 2, its "Still Pictures" dramatically reduce the video, but not to 0. More like 80 - 90% reduction.

ScubaPete, am intrigued by Recode, very cool app, adjusting titles selectively by %! Only done 1 or 2 with it. What do you do for the removed titles? Bitmap? of Color. What is an aesthetic choice for this? Was disappointed that it does not put 0-Length placeholders like CloneDVD2 for removed titles...

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

They did change it, now there is a STILL PICTURE option that just replaces the whole title with 1 picture.

10. Eudoxus

Eudoxus Member

Thanks Sly. Hmmm, gonna donate to DvdShrink, that pup is getting better! Excellent app.

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

12. Eudoxus

Eudoxus Member

Sure does help Scuba, Thanks d()()D! <g>

13. Mr2Tone

Mr2Tone Guest

Hello,

I use Recode 2 quite a lot, you may replace with the still picture, however, I do find it a bit annoying that the still picture remains on the screen for what I assume was the time duration of the replaced video. i.e. if the video was 10 seconds you get the still picture for 10 seconds.

I have a variation to the recipee, Decrypter to Hard drive, Remake Pro to remove or hide what I do not want and then I import into Recode to remove language, subtitle and so on. The "removed" blocks ( done in Remake Pro ) or what you would be replacing with a "still picture" ( Recode2 ) ends up using only 1mb. At this point if I need to "cram it a bit more", I breakdown and use the still picture but it is often not required.

14. Eudoxus

Eudoxus Member

Thanks Mr2Tone. Wish someone would ask Ahead and/or DvdShrink author why they are doing this insert junk instead of handling it like Elby does with CloneDVD2. Not sure but believe CloneDVD2 leaves the removed titles in there as zero length. Not Still frames, no bitmaps, nada and nothing shows on the screen. Whatever Elby is doing, methinks it much better. Anyone know the tech on this?

15. clark10

clark10 Member

anybody try clark10's meth I telling it works like a charm

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Mr2Tone,

Me thinks you might have that a little off - If that in fact was the case it wouldn't effect the compression rate and you'll find that by replacing the Video clip with a still it does, quite a bit :)

If you do a still replacement for a 3-minute extra you will have the still there for a few seconds but there's no way that still will be there for 3 minutes. You may well have a few seconds of the pic but you will gain more space for your main video.

Cheers,

"P"

17. Mr2Tone

Mr2Tone Guest

Hello ScubaPete,

As I indicated, I assumed it was for the time frame duration but I have never done a time comparison to verify if this was exact, I usually start hitting the skip button to move to he next screen. Maybe the still remains for a predetermined time I do not know, all I would wish for is to cut it down to a few seconds. I agree with your statement as it does make sense, however, there must be a way around the time it remains on display?

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

The still picture most certainly does not correlate with the time of the feature it replaced. I just backed up Hellraiser last night which included both widescreen and fullscreen versions to which I replaced the fullscreen with a picture and when I checked it I didn't have a hour and a half of still picture.

The picture is static and will stay there only as long as you want to look at it :)