1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which program produces the best results?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by JamesT, Sep 13, 2003.

1. JamesT

JamesT Member

I want to compress my Road to Perdition DVD to a movie only back up. I will have to compress it slightly as its 4,584mb in size. Which program would give me the best results? DVD2One 1.3, DVD shrink 3 beta, or DVD X Copy Xpress 2.5? And which program would give me the best results if I compressed the whole disc (7.3gb) to include Menus and Extras?

2. cofrpayne

cofrpayne Member

I use DVDShrink and burn with Nero. I think that DVDShrink is the best software out there and it's free.Use Deep analysis in DVDShrink it works great.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have a method for getting the best quality out of a DVD. ill post it in a new thread.

4. koola

koola Guest

For the movie only backup, use DVD Shrink as only a little compression is needed. If the whole disc is to be backed up, use CloneDVD and AnyDVD.

Should have no probs!

Oripus's guide is here also: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49284

5. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

If the movie-only is 4,584mb, you should be able to remove an audio track or two (keep only what you need) and have it fit on 1 DVDr with no compression.
    Use stream processign in DVD Decrypter to remove the any streams you don't need, and you may be pleasantly surprised.
    (I am assuming, of course, that you haven't done this already!)

6. koola

koola Guest

This probs can be done! You will need to get the file size down to 4450MB or under for a correct burn.

I haven't used DVD Decrypter alot as I prefer AnyDVD and so don't fully know if it is possible to "remove the any streams you don't need"

Good luck Yuriv :D

7. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Actually,
    I was suggesting that JamesT try to fit his movie onto one DVDr via the process I mentioned above. With DVD Decrypter it is extremely easy to remove Audio and or sub-title tracks that you don't need.
    Thanks for the "luck" though Koola!

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Shrink outputs 4464MB as standard i think, so use it and you shouldnt get a problem. I can get around 4480MB on some discs with no problems, but i tend to keep it to 4450MB myself

9. koola

koola Guest

Sorry Yuriv!

Yes it is easy to remove the audio and sub tracks so thats what JamesT could do :D