1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PS2 versions officially support DVD recordables?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nl255, Sep 3, 2004.

1. nl255

nl255 Member

I was wondering which version officially (i.e. on the box) have support for DVD recordable and rewritable media? When I looked at the online pack (includes the network adapter and a game), on the back of the box it said it worked with DVD+R/W and DVD-R/W in DVD Video mode, and something called AR Mode. I assume that ps2 was a version 10, right? Are there any other versions that officially claim to support burned DVD media, at least when using the DVD movie player? If it claims to support the media on the box, I figure that with a modchip, it will work with games (homebrew/backups) burned on DVD+-R/W media as well. I assume there are more versions of the ps2 that officially support dvd video that has been burned, with many camcorders and home dvd recorders (not computer based) getting more popular, but I have no idea which versions offically support DVD recordables and rewritables (I hear any over version 5 or so will work, but probably not have official support for the media).

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

if your ps2 has a infrared port between the reset and eject buttons then it is a version 9 or 10. i have version 10 with matrix infinity and havent really run into any problems (except a DRE cause the disc was scratched).

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

all versions support -R. some v4 and all v5+ support +R. Your lucky if you can get rw to work (my v9 doesn't read them).

4. nl255

nl255 Member

On the actual box of the online pack bundle (ps2 system, online adapter, and a game) it says that dvd rewritables are supported, at least when playing DVD Video (i.e. movies copied to DVD-RW or DVD+RW media). I assume all those ps2 systems are version 10, right? What I was asking is which ps2 versions state right on the box that rewritable media is supported.