1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ehsan_c, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

Hello

Just a quick question, I live in the UK and i want 2 get a ps3 but dn't know which region to buy. I know that they are region free and that i can play all games but not all movies but i dn't know which one to get. Are the NTSC (US) and Japanese version the same. I want something so that i dn't experience problems while downloading updates & that sort of stuff. Someone help me out please.

Thank you in advance.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well, you should probably get the UK version..? :S I'm pretty sure you won't have problems updating with your own region? Why exactly might you not get one that is your region?

3. UKDude007

UKDude007 Member

A advice from the owner of HK PS3.

That is correct for all the games are being region-free. But that is only for single game/off-line games.

If you wish to play game online (like RoFM/Motorstorm games etc), then I advise you to buy UK PS3, so you will enjoy completely full online experience with any UK games.

I got HK PS3, HK version of Motorstorm, UK version of RoFM game. I can't play online in RoFM game due to region-protection online!

So if I wish to play online experience in RoFM, I have to buy HK version of RoFM game in order to play :(

Sony's claim that all games are region-free, is only half truth. It is region-free for single/off-line game. But region protection is still in place for any online game experience. But you can shop/surf any Playstation Network store from any region though.

Hope that info helps and "May the force of PS3 guides you" :D

Cheers
    Diego

4. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

Thanks alot for the help, i didn't know about the playing online problem. Do you think that in the future this problem can be countered?

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i live in the us and from what ive seen the us ps3s are probably the best european ps3s have less backward compatibility with ps2 games not to mention ur point that as far as games go they are region free but from what ive seen and researched the us ps3 is best

6. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Sony is so controlling for not allowing you to play with people across the globe..This is exactly why Sony will never dominate Xbox Live, at least I can play Gears of War with people from the UK and Japan as I've been doing lately.

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It's not fun playing with people from Japan because then you hear them talking and your like WTF.