1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PS3s play what?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by whiscombe, Jun 28, 2007.

1. whiscombe

whiscombe Member

I need a PS3 that will play UK PS3 games, UK Blue Ray discs and UK normal DVDs. I'm don't have any need to play PS2 games.

Will USA and Jap versions do this?

I'm not bothered about having a 60gb hard drive so to save money I am looking at 20gb ones on Ebay. These all seem to be USA or Japanese versions.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

ANY PS3 will play ANY PS3 game.

IF you buy a PS3 from the UK it CAN only play UK Blu-Ray movies. If you buy one from the US, you can only play US Blu-Ray movies. Also, since Japanese and American PS3's are NTSC, your going to need a converter to display properly on a PAL TV.

Your best off with a 20GB model from the UK.

3. whiscombe

whiscombe Member

Midnight, Thank you for your reply. All the 20gb ones seem to be NTSC unfortunately. Looks like it's going to have to be a 60gb UK version.

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

In the US and Canada, we only get the 60GB model made now. Strange that you can't find a 20GB, unless thats what they did in the UK also.

5. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

yeah thats wot they did. you can only get the 60gig in uk they didnt even release the 20gig one. so u wont c a 20gig pal on ebay

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

but as far as dvds go u can always back ur dvd up using a program that removes the region encoding and play it on whatever ps3