1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which reader which writer ands where for each please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wickettak, Jan 8, 2007.

1. wickettak

wickettak Member

Hi all
    Have had a read as a noob can ne1 advise me of make and models including version that i need for succseful back up of 369 games please

writer pioneer 111d does it have to have ram capabilities or the one without and where can i get please im in uk

reader samsung what model n from where please again uk

reading and dumping s/w please and i take it clone cd / dvd to write the image

which dvd dual layer brand verbatim and from where

credit cards waiting its my 40th next week and im gonna treat meself lol

thanks in advance

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I have a Pioneer DVR-710, and it should be fine. You need a burner that can burn Dual Layer DVD's. You also need a large movie DVD (that is like 8GB of memory), so that you can swap the discs to make your backups. This is because the 360 games are large, and when you swap the movie with the 360 game, the DVD drive thinks that it is still the movie. I heard that the Gladiator Movie will work, because it's 7.9GB. You say you have a Samsung Drive in your system, or what? Just confused here. If you need to learn more, just go to 360 Mods, they have a bunch of tutorials, and video tutorials on how to do things. So this site will help you a lot with your Xbox 360 Modding, and Backups.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

man your still using hotswap method of burning, that is not good at all. as to the first post, everyone says go pioneer 111d(dvr-111d), but i have a lg and it works perfect, also a much easier and safer way to backup games is a samsung pc dvd rom(sh-d162c). you can get both on ebay for a good price.

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

This was the only way that I've heard of making backups. Is there any other ways, and could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yes if you go on ebay, buy a samsung pc dvd-rom(model "sh-d162c) flashed with "kreon 0.81" firmware. this is just a standard pc dvd rom but when it is flashed with the kreon firmware it enables your computer to read xbox 360 and xbox 1 orignals right from the pc, no hot swap method involved at all. and i like to use "schtrom360extract v3.0". and when you use "schtrom360extract v3.0" it automatically injects ss.bin, pfi.bin, and dmi.bin, leaving with a ready to burn image. "image.000 and image.dvd" so all you have to do is use clone to burn. the whole process, including burning at 4x should take no more than about 30-35 mins. it is great.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007