1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which ritek g04 dvd-r 4x is the best?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by THEZAMMAN, May 3, 2004.

1. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

shiny matted? silver matted? or ritek branded?

after intense researching on this site i see that everyone recommends ritek media but im curious to know which one is the best before i try it out soon?

i hear the g04 are the best and im a -r kind of guy so which type is the most reliable for you guys? also i hear meritline.com is the best site for the media in the states, is this true?

thanks for your help.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

As long as the disc uses G04 dye, the surface won't make a difference.

I get my Riteks from http://www.newegg.com/ They recently had the Ritek RiDATA -R 50 pack for $40.99. Damn good site to do business with as well. A lot of folks here like meritline but their rating at resellerratings.com spooked me away.

3. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

ok dumb question. is ritek and ridata the samething or what?

4. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

yes it is, ht ename is just different because they have a few different brands but they all use the same G04 purple dye which is what matters...u can use a tool called dvdinfo pro (i think thats the name dont be mad if its wrong) to find out the exact manufacturer of the dvd disc becuase there are sum ritek g04 imitators out there=(

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry to be a pain in the preverbial arse, but there are differences in disc performances depending on the type of top surface used. Different surfaces reflect down different amounts of light from the laser. Most, however, should have a think layer underneath the overprint, but generally, the white topped printables and the manufactured labels are the best....some silver tops can have problems.

Contrary to what has been said above, Ritek does not mean the same as RiData. RiData, Traxdata, Arita, Clone Disc and a few others are official branded material from the Ritek Corporation. They are always guaranteed Grade A and of high qulaity and if u have problems, refunds are given....

However, this is not the same as saying all Ritek G04 dyes are official, or are Grade A. There are many discs out there that are Grade B and less and discs that are overprints. The fact the disc uses the Ritek G04 dye, does not mean that Ritek Corporation has produced them...

Just be careful with the discs you choose. If you want to be very careful, use an official supplier of Ritek such as http://www.dvd-and-media.com who are one of only 3 offical suppliers of Ritek, and probably the best.

Chris

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You just had to rub it in over and over , didn't you ;)

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Excellent post Paddy , but try keeping your trigger finger in your pants next time (x10 double posts , what are you like) ?

LOL

P.S. Keep an eye on him Dave could ya mate *wink*

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey...i do try sometimes u know - but its hard being me - especially when some sexy bitch is messaging me called fatbag wanting me to come over to hers lol

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

hmm....i wonder which mo edited my post....let me think lol

10. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

[bold]shiny matted? silver matted? or ritek branded?
    [/bold]
    I used:
    - Shiny mated for put in the CD/DVD label.
    - Silver mated&Ritek branded to write to the surface.
    - Label mated to print label to the surface (I do not use this one , because I do not have the printer that can print to CD/DVD).

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

To be honest, i dont think you should really be choosing your discs by their labels. Do you read a book depending whether it has a good cover or not. First you should choose the disc that best meets your needs, then within that selection, find one that has a label of preference...