1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ritek is right for me?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by clueless1, Jun 16, 2004.

1. clueless1

clueless1 Member

Okay.. i want to buy some ritek media, but am confused at all the different kinds. I shop at meritline.com and i see:
    Ritek 4X DVD-R G04 Silver Matte on Top $71.00 for 100 pack
    Ritek 4X DVD-R G04 Silver Shiny on Top $68.00 for 100 pack
    Ritek 4X DVD-R G04 Ridata Branded on Top $62.50 for 100 pack

What the hell is the difference? I would think that the "branded" riteks would be the most expensive, but they're the cheapest. I was reading in some forums that they're not that great, so i think i should stay away from them, but i don't know. What's the difference between RiData and Ritek?
    I bought a 100 pack of silver top riteks from meritline about 2 weeks ago, and have burned them with no problems (at 2x though). I am going to buy a A07 and flash it with the 8x4all firmware, so i want to buy 4x riteks that will work at 8x. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!!

2. jowook

jowook Member

Newegg.com has cheaper Riteks. Is there any difference?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've used quite a few of the RiDATA branded Riteks with wonderful results.

The Riteks should burn at 8X in your 107, I get 8X with them in my Plextor PX-708A although I still burn almost all my discs at 4X for quality reasons.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I bought a cake box of Ritek 4X DVD-R G04 from Newegg and they worked fine. You say Ritek, I say Ridata, same make, slightly different name, but the disc in the box is just the same (almost).