1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which router for my ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by iwillgetu, Sep 19, 2007.

1. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

well i tried setting an internet connection with my ps3 with an ethernet cable and i'm getting nowhere fast so f**k it i'm gonna get a wireless router but don't know anything about them!
    so i'm looking for a fairly priced one ideally for my ps3 which is user friendly,
    any advice would be great :)

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I bought a belkin wireless g router at walmart for about 40 dollars and have had no problems with it. I had a linksys and I couldn't get my media server to work. Also if I was downloading a torrent it killed my connection. It was so bad that I couldn't get my ps3 online. Belkin worked for me. I would reccomend anything but linksys.

3. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

I have a Netgear DG834G, it has never caused me any probs.

4. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Im using a linksys wrt4g and I've never had an issue with it. All routers are pretty much the same but if you are getting one make sure its wireless G or higher. Also if your going to be playing online or will be using the Playstation Store make sure that your not downloading as it just slows down your connection on the PS3.

5. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

i'm always downloading lol

6. EvilBert

EvilBert Member

Another vote for the Linksys WRT54GL. Very easy to setup, very easy to change settings, very easy to use with multiple machines (I have PS3, Wii, Macbook, Windows PC and Linux machine).

7. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

i have a linksys wireless g with speed boost and it works great.had it for almost 2 years.linksys make a damn good router just because a few people had a problem with linksys dont mean its trash its just means that a few routers was bad.thats all but belkin is also very good too either way you cant go wrong

8. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

I know I'm probably going to get blasted about using a d-link but I like them personally; I use their DIR-625 (wireless N). Its completely foolproof to setup, you don't even really need the installation CD just setup a LAN connection. Yet it has so many advanced features including my favorite the QoS engine that prioritizes Internet usage meaning it gives the ps3 priority over downloads (great for online play).