1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which +rw for Liteon 5001

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by philbert1, Jan 26, 2005.

1. philbert1

philbert1 Member

I've been using TDK +rw media in my 5001.They work fine a few times then they will skip & freeze on playback.Are there any better ones than TDK?

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i have a lite-on 832sohw dvd+/-rw. i don't know if this will work for u but as far as the dvdrw goes, i use memorex dvd+rw. other media i use are maxell dvd-r, and verbatim dvd-r. all work great. the only real problem i've come across, and this is pretty minor, is that sometimes my memorex rw's won't play in my stand-alone dvd player. but that's because it's about 2 years old and isn't supposed to play dvdrw's at all, even though it plays them 90% of the time or better. but i don't use the rw's for movies i want to keep anyway. i use the dvd-r's for that. so if an rw won't play, i can just erase it and use another one. i have a spindle of 25! hope i've helped. good luck!

3. philbert1

philbert1 Member

The Liteon 5001 is a standalone dvd recorder & is sensative to recordable media.I've recorded dvd movies to Sony +r using my pc and the 5001 will play them fine but the TDK +rw media that I use to record in the 5001 will not work after a few uses.