1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which software for avi/dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rocus, Dec 11, 2004.

1. rocus

rocus Guest

What is the best software to convert avi/dvd and burn to a dvd or cd that will play on a regular dvd player?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear rocus,
    I have and tried MainConcept, YASA Video Converter, DVDSanta, and TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress. With all the necessary codecs installed, MainConcept still cannot read many AVIs, YASA skips a few, DVDSanta 99%, but TMPGEnc perfect so far. So I would recommend either DVDSanta or TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress. DVDSanta is simpler and much faster, but TMPGEnc allows you to edit even corrupted AVIs by splitting them into parts.
    My personal experience only, of course. *_*

4. rocus

rocus Guest

Thank you

If I have two avi's for one movie, then how do I put them together on one disc?

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

That really depends on what's inside the AVIs. Sometimes the burn programs can just read and join them together, sometime they can't. In that case, you may first convert the AVIs into mpegs, then most burn programs can take it from there. In Nero, for example, you may choose 'make your own DVD video' and compile the mpegs into one DVD movie (provided they fit, of course).

6. rocus

rocus Guest

Thankyou
    I have noticed that some of the movies that I have do not show up as AVI. I try to open them in DVDSanta or similar program and they show up as a folder. I try to open them and there is nothing inside. An reason that I cant seem to burn these?

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Maybe you should first ascertain the media type. Just right click on the files and choose 'Properties' to see what types of files they are.