1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which software to choose

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cappri, Mar 20, 2007.

1. cappri

cappri Guest

Hello,
    This is my first time as a registered member. I have visited many of the forums and there is a lot of info about the various DVD burning software. I am new to DVD burning on the computer- in fact I have not done it yet and am a little confused at which combo to chose.
    I just purchased a new HP 1730 (features include AMD Athlon 64 x 4600+, 320GB hard drive, 2GB of DDR2 memory, Windows Vista, hard drive speed 7200rpm, bus speed 2000MHz).
    What I am looking to do is backup my numerous Disney DVD's (to protect the originals from a 2 yr old) and various other DVD's. I have read how DVD-ROM is the best way to go for compatability but DVD-R is also compatable in many DVRs.
    I think I would like to go the DVD-ROM route- I just have to figure out the booktyping. Also I would like to be able in some cases put multiple movies on the same disk. (For example my brother bought a movie off the streets in NYC that had all 3 Mission Impossible Movies on 1 disk and a 3 movies were good quality).
    Any suggestions for which software would be best at handling these tasks. I didn't want to download anything before I received some expert advise from you guys. Thank you. Sorry the post is so long. Thanks again

2. JVC

JVC Active member

A lot of folks have trouble with Disney movies. here are a couple of ways to do them.

1) Free Way:
    DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Shrink, IMGBurn, and if you already have it.... Nero (not free, if you don't already have it).

2) Retail software:
    AnyDVD, and CloneDVD, or CloneCD

Here are links to the software, and very good guides, to use the software: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

As for booktyping, not all burners are capable of it. Here is info on booktyping: http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    Good luck!

3. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

I agree with JVC - If you dont mind spending a little money and want something with ease of use and works. I would suggest AnyDVD and CloneDVD. But like I said you have to pay for them.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the only problem could be is vista and the drm thing, a lot of people who are running vista are having problems while trying to backup their dvd's good luck