1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which system should i buy a game for???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by erik1213, Apr 29, 2005.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

If the same game is comming out for the same system (Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith), which system would be best for me to buy it on, Gamecube or PS2? (I unfortunately don't have Xbox)

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I say PS2 but i guess i am a little one sided.
    This is a PS2 forum after all.
    I never liked the gamecube at all. I would get an XBox anytime.

3. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

To be honest i didn't like gamecube much either when it first came out. I thought it was more childlike. But as time went on I found myslef wanting to play the newer versions of the games that i grew up playing (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc...), so i bought one this past christmas and am very happy I did because i love it. And pending on whether the next xbox is going to be backwards compatible, i might buy that soon too if it's not cause there's a few games for that i'd like to play that aren't available for any other system.

But thanks for your input.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  4. WillC3

WillC3 Member

um... PS2. Mainly because they aren't supposed to be releasing it on the GC according to any of the sites I've visited

just the PS2, PSP & Xbox

5. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

hah yeah i just found that out yesterday, and today i ordered it for the ps2 thanks

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

My preferance would be PS2, like erik said it is to kidish. I bought my gamecube before my PS2 b/c since NINTENDO came out I have been a fan over any system but to me GC just dissappointed me... I gave that thing to my lil bro, and got a PS2..They(NIN) screwed up b/c the are trying to follow everyone else instead of making there own path. PS2 is the way to go

7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

do u know how slow the game cube is? Ok imagine Gamecube is running a Cyrix III 166 Mhz and PS2 is running an AMD K6-II 450 Mhz. THe ps2 will already load the game up to the menu while your gamecube is still reading the file. DOnt waste your money on gamecube also b/c ucannot back up gamecube game as easy as Ps2 games. If u don't believe me, go read the instruction on how back up gamecube games. I bet after u read the first 2 phases, u give up already.

8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

no joke, PS2 or Xbox is way easier to mod and so forth...