1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Title of Main Movie do i choose when re-authoring

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by qc95, Dec 2, 2004.

1. qc95

qc95 Member

I want to backup my Van Helsing DVD and when I choose "open disk" and the main movie tab in the tree on the left....underneath main movie it says "Tile 1,2" and the file size seems to be the enitre movie times 2. My compression rate is 57%. When I go into re-author...under the main movie file on the right side window pane it says "Tile 1" with the entire length of the movie next to it, and below that is "Title 2" with the exact same length and file size. Why are there 2 of the exact same movie on here? Which one do I choose. They both seem to be the entire movie when I look at it through the preview window. Do I need to burn both these Titles (1 & 2) or can I just burn 1 of them. The reason I ask is that when I'm not in the re-author tab the open disk window doesn't allow me to choose just 1 title...I have to burn both them and it's doub;e the size and the compression is much higher. What do I need to do in order to make sure I'm burning the best viso quality.

Sorry for the longwinded question. Hope someone can help me. I'm new to this.

Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't have that title but it's possible one is the fullsceen version and the other is widescreen. Do they appear that way in the preview screen?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Very easy answer here, and this wont be the first movie like this if you continue backing up your DVD's.

The simple answer; Pick the first title in Reauthor mode and burn that one you do not need the other one.

More complex answer; As nephilim stated one is Widescreen and the other is full screen. unfortunatley you can not tell this in the preview pane of shrink. I just always go with the first one and haven't had a problem yet. I bieleve the first one is usually the widescreen so if you don't like widescree then pick the second one. There is another way you could be sure but this takes some time (not much)You could rip the whole disk to your hard drive and then play one of your VTS_01_x.vob files and see if it plays widescreen or fullscreen and then play the other VTS_02_x.vob and see how they play. Thats just to much work for me so I just go with the first one.

Hope this helps,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

bbmayo,

I do believe that if you go to DVD Shrink re-author then select one main title and then the other pull them to the left-side of the screen and run them through the preview window and you should see the difference -

Then choose the one you want. The preview screen will tell it all.

Cheers,

Pete

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Unfortunatly no Pete this dosent work on all movies and Vanhelsing is one of them when I pull them bothe over there they both looked widescreeen to me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

They could very well have thrown us a curve ball with Van Helsing because I've always been able to differentiate between FS and WS titles on the same disc.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Play it through PowerDVD while it's on your HD. There will be no doubt at all what you have.

You're going to split the DVD anyway to burn, Just play the first Title and see how it plays -

Thinking on it, I'm wondering if Van Helsing is a dual angled movie. One taken with camera 1 and the secoud taken with camera 2. Two different angles.

Playing it on your PC's players will give you your choice.