1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which verbatim to choose?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Sir-Age, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

I am thinking of buying a few dvd+r but dont know which will be best.

I have the choice between

Verbatim 8x 4.7 GB DVD+R
    or
    Verbatim DVD+R 4.7GB 8X DataLifePlus White Inkjet Printable
    or
    Verbatim 4x 4.7 GB DVD+R Digital Movie

The Standard are about 20p
    The Datalifeplus are 25p
    The digital movie are 55p

I use maxell gold tops which I buy at a expensive price, 1pound with a dvd jewel case.
    I have a 8x burner (cant remember which one cause its my sisters) but burn very happily at 4x and I don't think I will burn at 8x just in case.

They are all from a reliable source but is it really worth spending double the price for a digital movie one if datalife plus are only 25p?

Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Naw, go with the datalife plus. They are the ones that everyone recommends. Also, while I don't know about the digital movie disks, the datalife plus disks are the only ones that verbatim claims to be rade A.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I agree with balaam, verbatim data-life plus +8x. These should code a mcc-003.I just got a 100 pack spindle in this morning.

I just burned 95 verbatim +4x digital movie quality,coded mcc-002. These are pretty good,but i'll take the mcc-003 over them anyday.

I can get 12x out of those 8x data life plus,but I still keep it at 4x.

Here in the states,usually media life plus cost more than those digital movie quality.

Good Luck

4. kdob

kdob Member

I just got me a 100 pack of the regular dvd+r verbatims 8x from newegg for good price and excellent shipping. These are MCC003's, got 50 pack last time same dvd's, no coasters or problems.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Don't kill yourself, but Verbatims at Newegg now have a $30 rebate so it's $30 for 100-pack after rebate.