1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which version of Swap Magic needed to boot PS1 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Daggy-G, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

OK we've all heard me say that my ps2 with Magic v 50k
    Plays everything except ps1 games
    (holding buttons while loding & all)
    I'm finding alotta Iso's online for swap magic 2.0
    My question is ... since I already have a mod that boots ps2 backups ... shouldn't it boot a non original (non factory made) swap magic disc?
    I guess what I'm asking is ... will this solve my problem of ps1 games not booting on ps2?
    Also which version of swap magic do I need to boot ps1 backups, & do I need a flip top cover? ...
    thanks in advance

2. chosenken

chosenken Member

Swap Magic will not boot ps1 games. When they made Swap Magic, they had no intention of having it boot ps1 games. You will most likely have to use cogswap which can be made into a mc exploit. other then that, your SOl.

3. madhops23

madhops23 Member

You can use gameshark lite

4. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Isn't the gameshark lite disc a ps1 disc? My whole problem is I cant boot ps1 games... unless u know somethin I don't?
    thanks

5. madhops23

madhops23 Member

You can play ps2 originals on your PS2. You buy the gameshark lite (I got mine for $1 on ebay) and then load it. You then use flip top/knife swap to switch the ps1 backup/import. If you decide to do this, let me know so I can give you more detailed instructions on booting the ps1 game.

6. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Hey MadHopz ... Thanks for the tip.
    BUT ... Is there a way to do it without a fliptop?
    also ... gameshark lite ... is that a cd or CD & HARDWARE
    thanks

7. madhops23

madhops23 Member

I would recomend the flip top. You have to have a way to swap the disks without the playstation realizing it. There are two ways to do this without the flip top, but both require you to remove the top.

After you remove the top:

Option 1: Use the knife trick. You can look this up on Google. I tried this, but I always felt like it was ruining the PS2.

Option 2: After you remove the top you will see where the disk loads. There are tiny screws at the corners of this. If you remove the screws, you can manually lift up the top when you want to swap disks. This does not seem to mess with the playstation except the parts are always exposed to air/dust/anything that might get spilled. It is also hard on the strip that connects the power/eject button to the unit.

If you want to do it this way, it will work. Just remember, it might decrease the life of your PS2. You can find the flip-top for about $20.

Again, let me know if you want to do this because I can give you more detailed intstructions.