1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white or silver printable surface better?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ciam, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ciam

ciam Member

I just bought an Epson R200 and used it to print a few Princo white printable DVDs. The result was quite bad, e.g. bright red became orange. When I printed on paper, the result was great though.

So, I don't know if it's the problem of white surface diluting the colours. Would a silver surface give a better result? Or if it's simply a case of bad quality from a cheap brand?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i did't think you can print on silver surfaces. Its probably just crappy princo.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  3. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

My experience says its the Princo media white printable surface.

I have used Vervbatim silver top CD's (not DVD) and the colours are brilliant. I also used Ritek Ridata white top printable DVD+R and the colors were also brilliant (the batch of media was bad and was returned, but the printable surface was sweet).

The silver gave a nice sheen to the image. The white gave a nice matte finish and very smooth image.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Keep in mind that when printing silvertop printable discs, any part of the picture that is suppose to be white will be silver. It doesn't matter to some people but does to others.

Jerry

5. Paladore

Paladore Member

I print on both surfaces and personally i like the silver. The white is nice but some disks i perfer the silver.

6. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

I like the silver better because i bought white surfaces and the dvd player scratches the label but with the silver didnt have ne problem. i recommend the silver.