1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can recommend a software?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by amotion, Nov 17, 2002.

1. amotion

amotion Member

I'm urgent to get a DVD playing software and a DVD converting software. But I can't decide which is worth buying. Who can recommend them? Thanks!

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

I can well recommend powerDVD 4 for playing dvd`s on your PC.

3. Miek

Miek Guest

YUCK!, personally hate PowerDVD. I thought it was good when i first got my DVD drive for my PC. After using WinDVD i realized how cheesey of software powerDVD is. There's even a picture quality difference. Try them yourself to see which you perfer, but i would def say WinDVD is the way to go.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

WinDVD is probably the best dvd software player in existance. As for DVD converting software, you need to be more specific. D'you mean dvd to dvd-r or vcd/svcd. Check out the guides on this website (under DVD option in the left navbar) becuase the software they use is the best for quality ( i mean best for free software now.)

If you are serious about quality then you should thing about getting the Cinema Craft Encoder or for a lot less get TMPGEnc Plus.

5. soban

soban Member

windvd rocks. lots of option and contro. easy interaction.

6. risky4me

risky4me Guest

So I'm not the only one who noticed a difference! I have both and was surprised by the difference. At least on my machine WinDVD appears to have a higher quality image level!? Go figure. Menus are menus, who cares. But the video is what it's all about. I like WinDVD better!