1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who does soldering for a PAL Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Kirby85, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Kirby85

Kirby85 Member

I've decided now to send my PAL Wii and WiiD modchip to someone else to do it for me, it's not working out for me. I know there's some services online that do modding if you send them your Wii and/or modchip, but do any of those services also do them for PAL Wii units too? Thanks

2. OzMick

OzMick Guest

If you're in Brisbane Australia, I can do installs.

3. Enigma04

Enigma04 Guest

Ozmick, When you solder the chip on do all of the solder points have to be apart or can some of them touch?

4. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Each solder point has to be separated. If they were meant to be connected they would be :p. If you need to remove excess solder causing bridges, go grab a small roll of solder wick, the skinnier the better (don't think you're getting better value with a fat piece, it requires more heat and can do more harm than good). The most important rule with soldering modchips (and probably anything involving microchips) is that bigger is NOT better!

5. psvsxb

psvsxb Member

I know this is off topic Ozmick, but have you ever soldered a PS2 slim b4? I really need a hand on this as they are not as easy as an Xbox...

6. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Done one fat PS2 before, don't think the slim is awfully different. I don't own one myself so didn't have anything to do with working out how to actually USE it, but it did work OK. I my mate needed to hold buttons down or install some firmware off a CD for it to work once installed.

Of course, while installing it we didn't know about the button combination, so disassembled and reassembled and rechecked every wire about 5 times. So we were fairly experienced at dis/reassembly by the end of it.

Did you just want tips or to have one actually installed (and/or purchased) for you?

7. psvsxb

psvsxb Member

I have been given a slim with a mod stuck to the motherboard by the brother in law. He can't solder to save himself and said I could have it. I took the PS2 apart and freaked when I saw some of the small points to solder. No legs to solder onto, only very small pads and I don't have a steady enough hand. I have the sechemtics. If you can install, name a price...Its already apart ready to solder...

http://www.duomodchip.com/english/install/duo3/duo3_v13.jpg