1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who has norton antivirus?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by squizzle, Apr 4, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I have avg7 and i guess if it doesn't find anything then it should be ok(in theory anyway) I also run loads of other spyware, malware and adware progs so i think its lagit anyway

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do an online scan every so often to be sure

3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

You will do thanks for the advice ddp as always your advice is indispencable.

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

I am not surprised at all norton sucks. use panda or trend micro or anything

5. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

I personally dont like Norton as it uses far too many resources and does not find viruses which other programmes have found.

Kaspersky is a really good antivirus programme but this does tend to slow the pc down a bit with the real time scanning of web pages etc but is a lot smaller than Norton.

Word of warning with these "online scanners". A lot of them find viruses which are not even on your PC. Its just telling you its found stuff to make you impressed with the product.

I did the scan with PC-Illin on my existing PC and on a brand new one where a firewall was installed straight away etc.

On both machines it apparently found a virus called *jokes.doc* or something.......

Something that definately wasnt on the brand new machine and was very unlikely to be on the older machine as I had scanned it with some proper software

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I know a lot of people don't like reviews of products as they can be biased. I came across this site, seems fairly independant. Make up your own mind!;

http://castlecops.com/

Pulsar