1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has succesfully installed a magic 3.5 modchip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by majinbuu2, Dec 29, 2002.

1. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

Ok I was wondering something about the GND wire. Now I want to know where do you solder these two exactly. Please dont give me a link to a guide I want someone to tell me. Just tell me is the GND wire supposed to be soldered right next to the 5V
    or is it supposed to be soldered next to where you connect the wires to the BGA Board. Anyone?

2. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Might help to say what Version your PS2 is.

3. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

39001 V7

4. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

The ground wire goes on the point under the little vias(holes) in the board. The 5V wire is soldered to bottom leg of the little chip, bottom as in the chip's legs are facing to the left.

5. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

Thnx but arent you selling 3.1 chips? Do they have same solder points or something? Cause how would you know where a 3.5 chip wires go? Are you sure you didn't just look at a diagram cause i'm wanting an answer from someone who actually has a magic 3.5 chip installed inside their V7 system.

6. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I sell 3.1 chips, and I install all types of chips, including 3.5s, and yes, the points are the same. Thanks for not believing me :(.

7. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

lol, I was just checking cause I might get a 3.5 but I might get a 3.1 if it is just as easy to install as the 3.5. How many wires do you need to solder for the 3.1? If it is just as good as the 3.5 and cost less than $60 then I might just get it.

8. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

Hey everytime I go to banditbackups.com it doesn't work. It says click to enter and nothing happens.

9. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

It has 22 wires. I suggest you buy a 3.1 and buy the clip additionaly for it. It might cost a little extra, but it will give you a better chip and will make it easier than a full-blown 3.1 install.

10. majinbuu2

majinbuu2 Member

Whats up with yo site man? I cant get in. I guess no one will be able to buy your chips now...

11. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Oh, if you decide to buy a 3.1 and clip kit wait off a couple of days, I'm trying to get in touch with some associates of mine and see if I can bulk order these so I can sell them to everyone cheaper as well.