1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here has modded a PS2???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RacerMaas, May 29, 2003.

1. RacerMaas

RacerMaas Member

Hey guys I got a PS2 a while ago, and have just recently decided to mod it. I have done weell over 100 original PS mods, so I think i can handle a PS2 mod. My question to you is when i was looking at my board and the pictures of the wiring online it seem that some of the points shown here:
    http://www.modchip.com/images/diam35v4ng.jpg
    (points A,B,C,D,G,H, and I)
    The points are to be soldered into a tiny hole on the board. How do I go about doing this? I have only installed chips before on to solder points where I just add a little bit of solder and some wire.
    Any input on this would be greatly apprieciated.

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Its the same thing. You just have to add solder and some flux paste to the wire and solder it to the via, that is what its called. All you have to do is make contact with the metal around it and not so much put the wire in the whole.

3. RacerMaas

RacerMaas Member

What kind of Flux paste do you suggest that i use. I have flux paste for plumbing, but that I believe is acid base. Should I check out what radio shack might have interms of flux paste? Any suggestions are apprieciated.

4. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

I got the paste from radio shack. it's call rosin soldering flux, comes in a toothpaste like tube. Use a tooth pick to apply on a small contact. Old HDD IDE data cable or floppy is perfect for the wiring :).

5. RacerMaas

RacerMaas Member

Sweet you guys have helped me out a lot.
    Thanks for all your help.
    -Eric