1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knows about Nero 8?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rik66, Feb 16, 2008.

1. rik66

rik66 Guest

How is Nero 8 compared with past incarnations? Any real info available? Advantages-disadvantages-quirks or concerns?
    Compatibility-w/ DVD Decrypter-DVD Shrink etc?
    Was it designed because Vista was issued?
    etc.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I wouldnt recommend Nero8 at this stage....you can however purchase Nero8 and then revert to Nero7...choose a stable version such as 7.10.1.0 and then when Nero gets their act together you can revert to Nero8 using the serial number you already have. If you purchase Nero7 then if you decide to update to Nero8 you will need to hand over more $$$$.
    Nero8 not too good with shrink...read this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/579894

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  3. rik66

rik66 Guest

Yes thanks Gwendolyn-I saw that thread re Nero 8 and problems with Shrink and such...would someone please explain to me why these newer editions of Nero seem so flawed?
    Especially when I am using an older version -6- with no problems- as long as I stay with WIN2K pro I am assuming.
    "If it ain't broken- don't fix it." seems to be the lesson here.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If the EXPERTSat Nero cannot get it right then mere mortals such as those here at AD certainly cannot explain it...maybe they (Nero) need to employ smarter people.

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

LOL!! Indeed, they seem to need smarter people.
    Nero is a comprehensive(read bloated) package. Eventually, they get it right. Previous versions, Nero 7, Nero 6,Nero x, they all started buggy. Each update brought some fixes, and some more bugs, until finally they reached a stable version. The problem is, they have total disregard for their paying customers, and use them as beta testers.