1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who thinks 80 Gig ps3 will include rumble?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by leif24, Jul 10, 2007.

1. leif24

leif24 Member

Who thinks 80 Gig ps3 will include rumble? And Will you be buying 60 Gig for $500 or $80 Gig for $600?

2. leif24

leif24 Member

What improvments could the 80 Gig PS3 possibly include if any? A quiter fan would be nice right?

3. monomach

monomach Member

Sony can make the fan as loud as they want. Every time you hear that fan, just think of all the Xbox 360 owners that wish they had a big, loud fan like that in their console. Not having one like that is what causes their ring of death problem.

4. zegame

zegame Regular member

you can barely hear the fan! and even if you could i have left my ps3 on for 12+ hours and it never gets hot, he is right think of all the 360 owners. heh heh heh

my question is if it includes rumble will it be compatible with the 60 gb model?

5. sjh24

sjh24 Member

I didn't think that they could include rumble because of the lawsuit against them.

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

the lawsuit has been settled and sony has a prototype already for the sixaxis dualshock do a lil research they are talking about toch sense which instead of having off balanced weights in the handles there are gonna be all over the controller making differnt effects like lets say ur driving u know how it feels when the transmision shifts well thats how its supposed to feel in ur hands

7. sjh24

sjh24 Member

Wow that almost sounds like they're trying to compete with the Wii.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Totally different class the PS3 is in....

9. sjh24

sjh24 Member

I know its a different class but if you think that the Wii doesn't affect other current gaming systems you're crazy. I have all three gaming systems (360, PS3, and Wii) and you're right you don't get Call of Duty or other action type games to play on a Wii.

10. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

apparently youll be able to trade in your pad for a rumble one for free not sure if this is true though can anyone confirm?
    ps3 is just getting better and better.
    rumble will be amazing especially at different points on the pad. if
    your shot on the right in a game youll feel the right shake. adavantage in online shooters.

does anyone know what else the 80gig ps3 wll have? because if its just an extra 20gig when you could easily upgrade the hdd seems pretty pointless

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  11. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

That would be way cool of Sony if they do the free trade in setup like you said. From what Ive seen the touch sense seems amazing, If only they could get the motion sensors in the controllers to be a little less touchy and more precise while they're at it, they would have the wii beet along with the 360.

The main issue I have with the rumble feature would be battery life, if they upgrade the batteries when they add the touch sense system it would be great. But if the batteries only last an hour I'd be tempted to try and hook up one of those sketchy 4x life eBay batteries =\.

12. perry07

perry07 Regular member

i read up thet the 80gb ps3 will only b sold in asia

13. epilogue

epilogue Member

Isn't it already in North America?

14. leif24

leif24 Member

80 gig model comes out next month. C'mon guys, check the news headlines.
    I would like to know if 80 gig modell qualifies for the same 5 free disk deal that the 60 GB does. People don't tend to see the value here for an extra $100 and I would agree but since this version seems to be "newer", Isn't It likely there have been some improvments in the manufacturing process, resulting in a better console? And emotion chip means nothing to me.

15. sjh24

sjh24 Member

I would think it would qualify as long as you're able to buy it before September 30th. All the promotion says is PS3, it doesn't mention the size, or at least not that I saw. The official order form only has a check box for Playstation 3 it doesn't ask which one 20 or 60 GB.

16. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

When did I say anything like that or remotely close to your comment?...Anyway, I have a Nintendo Wii and played it for all of a few weeks for SPM but my true preference is adult games and if I had to choose one or the other it would have to be PS3. I want an upgrade not a downgrade in graphics & gameplay. People who say graphics don't make better gameplay are not fully giving the real explanation. Graphics can be equally important in gameplay.

Example:
    How many times have you crashed, been sniped or something similar because the graphics of a game where poor and you just knew if the graphics where better YOU would play better?

I am not saying graphics is what counts when it comes to gameplay but I don't want to be going backwards in technology when it comes down to it. For what? Just so I can flail around in a circle wielding a "sword" in a game that really has nothing more than a "physical" aspect to it but has nothing more to offer? Yes the Wii is "fun" but I want ALL aspects to be immersive not just "interactivity" at the cost of something else.

17. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

those that complain about the fan noise, must be either sitting right next to their PS3 or have super freakn hearing... I guess having the sound turned up on the tv or my surround sound covers it up... Even a quite soft volume on the tv covers the "fan noise" up... I guess next people are going to start saying the led light on the front of the ps3 is too bright...

18. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

LMAO... I really doubt it will be a "free" trade in... As many that want a rumble controller, Sony will profit of it...

19. leif24

leif24 Member

Wrong; I'm looking at offer now and It specifies 60 GB version, thanks.

20. sjh24

sjh24 Member

Ok this is a link to the official online order form.

http://www.bluraysavings.com/Summer_Bundle-Online_Order_Form.pdf

I'd like to see where you see that it says it has to be a 60GB PS3. I'm not trying to be an ass but just going on the information that I saw. THANKS!