1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whoa WTF??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, Apr 26, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I copied MVP Baseball 2005 Image to my PS2! I rebuilt it and nothing comes up but a black screen and my PS2 clicks! All of my games work and everything...What's the problem?!??! BTW I have Swap Magic 3.3

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Anyone?? I'm sick of the game being slow! Please help-

3. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

media

for me it was the burn speed/burner i put it in my 811s and 4x worked great since

4. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

My 20+ games I burnt work perfect except MVP Baseball 2005! I burnt all my games at 4x...MVP has been my only problem so far! I use good media too

5. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

it probably had to do with the way you rebuilt it.why did you rebuild it was it a dual layer disc?and your speed might be a little high but i doubt that had to do with the game not booting.

and more importantly how did you rebuild it?

6. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I have used EASY Rebuild Guide to rebuild MVP 2005! It's the only one I know how to use...Steps I used below...

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.

7. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

thats a bunch of crap.i copied a couple of games without altering the dummy files and they work fine.maybe you might need to alter the dummy files on a game that is bigger than 4.7 gb to get it to fit on a single layer disc.but there is no copy protection on dummy files.what they probably meant is you need that file name in the copy of the game to get it to work.but copying the dummy file unaltered wont prevent you from copying or playing it.think about it, if you copy every file from the orginal disc to the backup how is it not going to work?unless youre saying the original doesnt work?

8. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

sorry freegamer, im not trying to jump on your case.i just think youve been misinformed a little.

9. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

What are you talking about?? I didn't do anything with the game that had to do with the dummy files!! That is for if there is dummy files!! I REBUILT MVP 2005 JUST REBUILT NOTHING ELSE AND IT WONT PLAY~ BUT I CAN BURN THE WHOLE 4 SOMETHING GIG AND IT WILL PLAY BUT IT WILL BE LAGGY!! WHAT IS WRONG!!

THIS IS ALL I DID WAS HERE!!

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

10. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

sorry i was getting the impression you were told you have to alter dummy files to get a game to copy.i misunderstood you.i dont rebuild games,for the major reason nobody has ever explained it reasonably to make me think it is necessary.all youre doing there is taking an iso apart and putting it back together again.rebuilding impies add to it or taking away from it then putting it back together.i dont see any logic in taking it apart and putting it back together the same way it was before.

but never fear anytime somebody critasizes rebuilding games or patching, somebody who does that kind of stuff will show up to argue the point.if im guessing right somebody should come along shortly that knows more about this rebuild process.