1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's ready for the Haze release??

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by elusiv1, May 18, 2008.

1. SDF_GR

SDF_GR Regular member

I hate FPS games, but ign is full of crap at rating games.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

yes, they scored the game so low that I will be buying the game based on the fact that I am under the impression that whoever rated this is a 360 fanboy hating on a PS3 exclusive. IGN is WAY off base from the other reviewers that have given this thing a go.
  4. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Hmm thats what everyone said when they were the only ones that rated Assassins Creed bad and it was...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  5. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

i guess thats wher we're different b/c i actually liked assasins creed. i guess im easy to please.
  6. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

i read the hole ign review and i didnt like it.... the reviewer is crap he didnt give enough reasons
    to why the game deserved a 4.5

i thought assassins creed was good
    Last edited: May 20, 2008
  7. fettootto

fettootto Member

Can someone confirm that this game has online split screen? Not just co-op, I mean deathmatch and such.
  8. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

its been confirmed numerous times. 4 player split screen online. 2 player co-op campaign.
  9. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

This could be very true!

The people that commented on the review said the same thing (that other outlets gave much better scores).

For what it's worth, I thought the idea of Assassin's Creed was good. But after one or two maps, it became BRUTALLY repetitive. There was absolutely nothing different between each map except for the setting.
  10. Sudds

Sudds Regular member

True mate, i first heard of Assassins Creed and started to think towards the xbox,s Thief, i really enjoyed that game.
    But as soon as i started playing AC, got bored very quickly, but kept playing incase i missed something... weird that...
  11. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

The demo didn't really make me want the game. I'd rent it first before I make the commitment of dropping $60. This does not hold a candle to COD4 but thats only my opinion
  12. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

Ok, I'm officially P!$$ED at IGN. Do they not want anybody to buy this!!! Ok, so after reading their horrible review I went to gamestop like I said I would during my lunchbreak to pick the thing up. But guess what, IGN has it's dates wrong and it doesnt even come out till the 22nd. Man, Im so mad right now. I wasted my lunch break doing this. Bad review, wrong release date, man I tell ya...
  13. SDF_GR

SDF_GR Regular member

for me there is no greater proof that IGN is... dunno...
    either Paid off in some cases.
    either they dont know s*** about games.
    or
    they just dont even play the games, they just rate the games by their name.

They rated Ninja Gaiden Sigma(PS3) with 9.3!!!
    9.3??? for the remake or the remake of the remake?
    I could write a book with NGS issues.
  14. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I don't understand why people are getting mad at IGN's review?! At the end of the day, the review of IGN is their opinion. May it be wrong or right, its their opinion. I've been surfing the old interweb and so far the general consensus on Haze is not good. Gamespot gave it a 6.0 :(. Now if the official Playstation Magazine were to give this game a 10, other might see it as bias.
    If people people want to make their choice of what to play based on reviews then thats their choice. It sucks that this game is not getting good reviews after all the delays and the hype that been put behind it. Remember Lair and how it got dumped on because of the sixaxxis controls? The game was dubbed a disaster and some might even say a good example of a game that did not live up to its hype. I did like the game for its graphics and production value. However the controls for Lair was extremely frustrating. I did end up purchasing the game after the new controls were made available on the PSN.
    Anyway. Lets not lose it just because yet another PS3 exclusive is not scoring well with the gaming sites. Its all just peoples opinion.
  15. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

Ok, i'm glad that gamestop didnt have it. I just read gamestop's review and I feel that it's a pretty fair review. Most of the review are saying unbalanced multiplayer and stupid AI. I can dela with slighlty stupid AI but my main grudge is the unbalanced multiplayer. That was going to be the main reason for buying this. I think I am going to stick with renting it now. $60 bucks isnt that much money but now that its pretty much written in stone that its 6/10 (about the avg.) I wont buy it. O well, ubisoft and radical dopped the ball on this one.
  16. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

stop me if im wrong but i think this is very bad for the ps3
    1. bad reviews = bad sales for exclusive ps3 games
    2. developers dont make games exclusive because of bad sales
    3. ps3 sales go down because of a lack of exclusive
    4. ps3 loses console war
  17. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

ur wrong

bad developer = bad game = bad reviews = bad sales = less of a chance of buying a game from that developer again = less good exclusives on the market at the present time = more dev teams creating exclusives to get the profits that the last bad dev couldnt get
  18. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

i played the demo and i wasnt impressed. sure it looks ok but im not willing to spend $60 on this thing when i know for a fact that COD4 is better. and as far as the fanboy comments... it's true. i mean they dont really review all too well and i think that the only reason Halo 3 got a 9.5 and GTA IV got a 10 was simply because if Fan boy Crap. Halo 3 should have gotten in the high 8's and GTA IV should have gotten a 9.5 or something like that.
  19. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

wow good point i didnt think about it that way
  20. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

@dab

I dont think so, when all those games originally came out, like the first of the series, they got good reviews. they're good franchises, thats all. maybe the series helped some but I seriously doubt it helped a lot. its not like GTA IV is a 6 that really got a 10 b/c of its name.
  21. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

you're right about the franchise thing but i dont think i have ever played a "perfect" game. absolutely no flaws. 9.5 is amazing but it's still not perfect.