1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why a CUE and a BIN file?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sutman, Feb 13, 2003.

1. sutman

sutman Guest

After waiting days for my Kazaa downloads i'm giving eDonkey a go. One thing that puzzles me is why with ED2K links there has to be CUE and a BIN file for each video file?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

First of all, dont use edonkey, use emule, its the same as edonkey but more reliable and i have a tutorial for it right here.. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20686

Anyway, .bin/.cue files are cd images so you burn them to cds as an image. Its as easy in nero as clicking file - burn image and burning .cue file (of course dont delete the .bun file, thats where all the data is!)

3. Dela

EDIT: Double post due to server error

Last edited: Feb 15, 2003
  4. St.Dismas

St.Dismas Member

bin and cue are cd format like a clone from a cd
    go get winiso(cracked) and then convert them to iso then extract or burn to a cd but you will need to read how to convert files and the trial version of winiso only alows files of 100 mb or less to be manipulated so u need to buy it or crack it but that bad so i dont recommend it

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  5. Dela

I'd disagree with using Winiso! It'd be better to mount bin/cue's up on a virtual cd/dvd drive so that you can install anything perfectly without it having trouble with second disks or anything. (if it asked for a second disk then obviously you'd just mount the second disk).

The program I would recommend using is Alcohol 120% for mounting, burning, ripping etc etc..

6. St.Dismas

St.Dismas Member

no too much effort for just opening a bin/cue,iso...winiso is like a winzip proggy just point and click try the game
    it will rip,convert,and take yur dog for a walk..well not that but it has a nice easy gooey simple and lets face it if people knew what bin/ceu,iso...were they wouldnt even be looking in here
    it can handle tons of cd format like
    * ISO Standard CD image format
    * BIN/CUE CdrWin image (data/audio/video supported)
    * CIF Easy CD Creator image
    * FCD Virtual CD(uncompressed)
    * VCD Virtual Driver(uncompressed)
    * IMG CloneCD image
    * NRG Nero Image
    * BWT BlindRead Image

7. Dela

Too much effort???? LMFAO

In Alcohol 120%, if you right click and click add images, you can add a bin/cue. Then right click it in the list and mount it on a virtual cd/dvd-rom in a second and use it like it were already burned to a disk. Even if you look in My Computer you will see the virtual drive there looking like your other 2 drives!

Also for burning, its as easy as selecting the image and clicking image burning wizard, and even better because you can select a disk type like, Video CD, General Protected CD or CD Protection like Safedisk 1 and 2! I dunno but I think thats a lot less efort than you just mentioned!

8. St.Dismas

St.Dismas Member

well you put up a convincing fight but im not sold i was raised on winiso easy and handles a bunch of diff formats too

9. Dela

Alcohol 120% will actually handle any cd image (except those made by ulead software and old nero images). Alcohol became famous when people realised that it was beating CD-ROM game protection so yes I love alcohol 120% and will always stand by it :)

10. St.Dismas

St.Dismas Member

well maybe ill have to try it, but i havnt run into 1 prob with it yet.

11. Dela

I havent actually had 1 with alcohol yet either. Its by far worth getting!