1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why almost every exclusive Blu-Ray title is available for HD DVD! (seriously)

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by diabolos, Sep 10, 2007.

1. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Ced good articles

you jumped ship on blu-ray to HD-DVD then huh?

3. ugc

ugc Regular member

I read the links you provided. I like what I am reading. Because I do not like Sony and their business practices, for one.

But I also think HD-DVD is the best way to go. The business model revolves around money, no matter what country. If the cost of manufacturing are correct. The only way the market will go is HD-DVD.

In fact, right now as I type on my keyboard, I am wearing glasses so thick, I can see the future. And I noticed that HD-DVD won the format war and SONY has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Life is great.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

LOL, nice one...

I've always been a fan of HD DVD but still feel that the general public would be better off buying a hybrid player or a dual format player as most people don't want to buy imports (or non-imports for that matter). They just want to go rent a movie or barrow one from a friend.

Thanks,
    Ced

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes i agree, is there one out yet that does both formats plus upconverts regular DVDs?

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

7. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

One thing to point out about European HD DVD imports is the cost. When I ordered the UK version of The Pianist from hdmoviesource.com the total charges including shipping was around $40. The German release of Fantastic Four from the same site is $45. It could be due to the weak dollar compared to the Euro/GBP but those interested in importing should be aware of the increased cost.