1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I only burning at 4X on my Pioneer DVR-108 16X Burner with 8X Media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RemoMafia, Jan 24, 2005.

1. RemoMafia

RemoMafia Member

Please someone explain to me why this is happening and if possible, tell me how to fix it.

I bought a Pioneer DVR-108 16X Dual Layer burner and the most I can burn at with my RiData 8X DVD+R's is 4X. When looking at the diagnostics performed by DVD Decrypter and Nero, the highest supported writing speed is 4X. I put the drive in an external enclosure and it is connected to my laptop via firewire 1394. It is set to DMA mode, so that's not it. The most frustrating thing about it is that I read forums and people say they are burning at 12X with the same hardware and media as me.

My laptop is a AMD 64 3400 processor, 768 MB of ram, and 60 GB Hard Drive. Please someone help me if you can, I'm completely out of ideas. Thanks. Remo

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I personally never burn faster than 4x,your asking for write errors when you go faster.
    I have your exact same burner, and if your convinced you have to burn faster. You might want to update your firmware.The current version for your burner is 1.18.
    good luck but remember SPEED KILLS LOL
    blaze on
    jim

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. RemoMafia

RemoMafia Member

I've heard that burning faster can create errors but I'd at least like to have the option. I always have my firmware updated and have had 118 for awhile. Any other suggestions? Anyone?