1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are some games easier to burn than others

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cocktail, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cocktail

cocktail Member

just wondering why some people have a hard time burning one certain game(mercenaries i hear about)and then have to use certain programs(iso buster?) instead of the original one, but then the next game will be a cake walk......i have , nero6, alcohol 120, dvd decryptor, dvd43, iso buster......so far i have burned 2 games...Sega Sports NFL 2K2 and Mortal Kombat Deception just to see if they would work.....i used alcohol 120 to copy AN burn.....everything went like a charm.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

It is because some contain garbage or dummy files which means the ISO files need to be patched to work. guess its just the manufacturers way of stopping it from being copied, all though there are to many smart people in the world who find ways around this.

3. cocktail

cocktail Member

so when would i know if the game didnt copy right?

4. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

just trying it, i think. if it doesnt boots it may need a fix or better media. try search a little(google) or questioning in this forum to know.

5. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

i wish someone really smart, would just figure out a way to make bootable ps2 games without swapping or modding your ps2. I think they cant do it because the disk's are pressed and not burned..but im no rocket scientist either.

6. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Why is it always the rocket scientists? I'll tell you what, engineers of that quality are highly trained people. Quite a lot of calculus is required for ANY engineering position. And let me tell you what, the more calculus you take, the less you care about it. Right up until the day you decide to give up hating it, and deciding to love it for what it is. (the same three formulas just in a different order) However, I doubt a "rocket scientist" could figure out a way to get past the PS2 checks. I mean, an autoboot method that we can burn onto the discs themselves.

I'm hoping more for an "inside developer who has defected and decided to publish articles documenting the PS2 hardware in great detail, in order for someone to circumvent the security measures" will come out and figure out a way for us :p

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Remy, wow i will be sure never to use the phrase rocket scientist or rocket science again.
    Although i prefer the "you have to be Einstein"
    or of course the opposite "You don't have to be Einstein" phases myself.
    But i enjoyed reading your post, quite funny stuff.