1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are the keys so sticky?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yohex, Jan 12, 2007.

1. yohex

yohex Guest

Not really sticky, but it reaction is slowed and also the x and o buttons switched, its an open box that was bought in future shop.
    Whats the reason for the slow reation and switched keys, and which psp package comes with 2.8 and lower?

2. cloud750

cloud750 Member

I've never tried switching the keys but for firmware identification by the box only, follow this

3. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

switched keys might be japanese psp. i donno about the sticking tho. just a thought.

4. campbela

campbela Member

I purchased a 1.5 PSP from ebay and the square button was a bit sticky. I replaced the whole face plate with one from a bricked PSP and it was OK, so I guess investing in a new set of buttons and/or faceplate might solve the problem.

As for the X and O keys the wrong way round, this is because its a Jap version. If you can upgrade to the 3.03 OE firmware (custome version from Dark Alex), this has the ability to switch them back to how the non-Jap versions are.

5. yohex

yohex Guest

Not possible, my cousin psp can't be japanese when its bought at future shop, with 2.81 installed and its not suppose to be 2.81. Its been tampered with, but I really don't care i just want to know how to fix it for my cousin.