1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are the main differences between the Globe360 V2 and of the Xbox360 NME 2.0 mod chips?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wheelstb, Sep 22, 2011.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I know everyone is just doing the regular flashing of the drive with jungle flasher or iprep. It is difficult for me to keep disassembling the Xbox and plugging in the drive to my computer so, one of these chips would make life a lot easier.

Do they both allow for direct booting of backups?

And also I have had my Xbox for a while but, I have not played it for a couple of years for a variety of reasons. Does the Xbox 360 have at least two or three years of life left in it before another system is released.
    I ask because I will have two put a lot of additional money into my Xbox and I want to make sure that I will be able to get my monies worth.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. snickle

snickle Regular member

Personally, I would wait till one of these new "external hard drive" options are released, they only require your drive key and they leave your drive stock.

One that peaks my interest is found here

http://wasabi360.com/

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

There is no modchip for a 360 anymore. The only way to play backups right now is to flash your drive. Or as stated, wait for x360key or similar to boot games from external hard drive.

4. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

Im sure i already answered this in another post

5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

actually, I have found a website that will sell both chips.

those intrigued me as well. I know there are several different models coming out but, does anyone know which one is coming out first? Or which one will be the cheapest?

6. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

Both chips are outdated and will not work with the latest games, do not buy either

This the xkey is due first, however we may be surprised with a dash for the glitch hack. Keep your eyes on this forum for an update

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  7. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I do not know that. Thank you for saving me from a costly mistake. I figured that as long as the chips were able to play the latest updated firmware that would be all that was needed.

8. snickle

snickle Regular member

tardisk9 is correct, those guys are stuck with overstock and will unload it on the first unsuspecting victim who will click the "add to cart" button. I bet if we look around we can probably find some original wii keys for sale! Yeah man, just hold off a few more weeks and we'll see what the scene brings. Im even holding off on buying this new 360.

9. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Let me start my question off by saying I'm not doubting anything you guys are saying I am just curious.
    I had a Nintendo Wii with the original wiikey in it sometime ago. It turned out that with the two motion sensitive controllers it was too hard for me to manipulate so, I sold it to my neighbor. It does allow for firmware updates. From what you guys are telling me I'm guessing that would not work anymore?
    If this is true, it will make me think twice about buying first-generation moding stuff

10. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

Yep, neither chips will not react very well to the dash trying to update the drive firmware. The xkey 360 may have a similar problem but it does have a pass through mode.

I would personally wait for development on the glitch hack, im sure it wont be long before we get a working dash / game loader.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011