1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can’t my videos be edited by FCP X

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by sylvanas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. sylvanas

sylvanas Guest

I am new here. If I post on the wrong section, please correct me.

I have collected dozens of family videos storing in my NAS. Last month I bought FCP X from APP, trying to edit these videos. But I found that not all the videos could be edited with FCP X. Is there any limit when using FCP to edit?

2. vivihelp

vivihelp Member

FCP X as apple editing software, the supported video format for input is limited. Generally MOV can be compatible very well.

i have no idea the format of the videos that you can not import to FCP X. Anyway, try a video converter. The similar app can help you get the supported video format by Apple FCP X.

:)

3. lengdatou

lengdatou Member

Yes,you are right.Not all the video fomats could be imported into FCP X directly.Maybe a converter can help you.

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

ok what are the file formats the videos are in please i would like to know it could help us here to better help you are they dvi avi mpeg mpeg4 please let us know... thank you

5. phillip_perry

phillip_perry Member

Firstly, you need to know that only files, which can be played with QT, can be edited with FCP X without any problem. And then the ProRes is the best codec that can be supported by FCP X. What formats your videos are? You can also try to import them to FCP by L&T. It will "render" the files for you. If the feature can not help you, you should ask the third party for help. My L&T stopped working a few months before,so I have to find a converter and what I'm using now is brorsoft video converter for mac. It is intuitive and great in conversion. The videos you got are the same as their original. You can try the demo version of it and see whether your problem can be solved.