1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't an unmodded 360 play backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gamerofuk, Apr 11, 2008.

1. gamerofuk

gamerofuk Regular member

I was wondering why a unmodded 360 can't play burned games, I mean you can add ss.bin, PFI/DMI sectors to burn the DVD+R DL, so what other info is missing so that the unmodded 360 can't play burned games?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

... I let wabashman take this one

4. funeral14

funeral14 Member

please stop asking stupid questions.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The security sectors that the drive needs to boot the game are located on the inner most ring on pressed retail discs. DVD burners can't write to that area. So they are put in the layer break on burnt games. A drive will only look for them on the layer break instead of the inner ring if it has hacked firmware.

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

nah, i'm going to have to stay out of this one, for what i would say would lead to a banning of my account.

7. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

That thats why I passed it on. Not fun being banned =(

8. wabashman

wabashman Active member

oh no doubt, been there done that, but my day has been made when i saw demonoid has back up and running!!!

9. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Betrick was saying something like that. But the barcode on interring is just a barcode with info about the press of the disc, nothing else. One bar code per layer. And it's on ALL, all, pressed dvds, nto just xbox games.

We need to clear up this myth.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

No, I didn't say it contained the security sector. It has manufacturing data. What I said was that it contained "security info" and just left it at that. And by that meaning info which is necessary for a 360 backup to be stealth. I didn't want to get technical about the data, I just wanted to keep the focus on the fact that the inner hub had important data which can be read but not burnt in the same location.

11. Alagory

Alagory Member

You must have a modded xbox360 and merge your iso's with security sectors to play your backups. Easy! heres a link that should help you.
    www.zombiecorps.ca theres lots of ssfiles here.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  12. homesick

homesick Regular member

no that is not 100% true, please do not post if you dont know ecactly what you are talking about, just say this is one thing you can do among others.

13. Alagory

Alagory Member

hmm..I don’t know who this guy is talking to but he seems to be very rude.
    I know what I’m talking about, lol.
    I do more Xbox mods in one day then most do in there life, I work at removed
    I do soft and hard mods in my sleep lol anyways gamerofuk! You need to start by get that system modded by me or someone removed with a NME chip.
    Best one out there. Now that you have it modded.
    Download the NME Associator program on removed and NME's you’ll also need IMGburn just Google it you'll find it.
    Grab your ISO and the Security Sector that go’s with the game use the NME associator program with them poof your done! Now burn it with Imgburn.
    You are now a PIMP! lol
    Take care and injoy!
    ps: you can only play backups with a modded system ;) not a dumb question!
    Not everyone is a smart as funeral14...lol ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  14. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Chip the 360.... why waste the $$$.

15. Alagory

Alagory Member

Its all the same if you cant do it yourself, it costs money.
    this way you can turn your chip on and off when you start up your xbox 360 and also play unburnt games on live with out being band from live for having the wrong firmware on your drive.
    they band me last year when i had a firmware hack on my drive and i was playing a normal unburnt game online.
    plus alot of my friends play burnt games online with there mod chips and nothings happends.

16. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

Being banned for explaining why? pfft...good cover up for "I have no clue but the dude above me knows more. I'd rather flame you".

Seriously...it's not that hard to figure out. There is obviously a security sector that needs to be read before a game boots. All systems have it.

I don't know the first thing about it, (although, I have a good idea of it) but I also won't pretend I am a big shot that knows a big shot (site related only) that that won't answer the question for fear of banning.
    WTF?

Postings like above are rediculus. Much like my post perhaps. But come on...this site is full of teenagers spewing sh** they have no clue of....just to spew.

The more I read...the less i want to participate.

Ban that. :/

WTF?

17. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

double post.

Sorry..the site I mod at has the edit button where the quote button is on this site.

Very sorry for the constant screw ups.

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Alagory
    No advertising mod services here - post edited.