1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I burn certain movies?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dropdimes, Aug 30, 2004.

1. dropdimes

dropdimes Member

I recently attempted to back up a certain movie i own due to reasons i will disclose but any way i digress. Why is it that DVD Shrink cannot seem to shrink movies like The Last Samurai and Speed? What can i possible do to remedy the situation?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I did The Last Samurai with Shrink and Decrypter. Maybe the "certain movies" are bad discs.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Any specific errors? At what stage does it fail? The rip? Encoding? Burning?

4. castun

castun Member

I also backed up The Last Samurai without any problems here. But you need to try and give us some more info so we can try to help you!

5. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

I had no problems with those DVDs but if your original disc has scratches on them, DVD Shrink will give you an error message.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

[bold]due to reasons i will disclose but any way i digress[/bold]

Damaged disc?

7. dropdimes

dropdimes Member

i have a fairly new dvd burner using both nero and shrink. speed couldn't even load on my computer and seemed to say something along the lines of could not read diskette than said something about the percentages and the last samurai got to a bout 67% shrunk than slowed to a stop and said there was some kinda copy protection.

8. Stoner51

Stoner51 Guest

I have backed up Last Samurai just the other day. If it starts and gets to 67% you are probably getting a cyclic redundancy error ie dirty or scratched disc. This has happened to me on several of my discs. You may have to clean them. Or you could try DVD Decryptor set the read errors to infinate. One of the Two usually works for me.

9. michigan

michigan Guest

also you could use the "ignore read errors" tick box. I agree that you may be getting a crc error with a dirty/damaged disc.