1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I copy some dvd's (The Recruit, ____, etc..)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Eniffey, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Eniffey

Eniffey Member

Hey guys. I've been using DVD Shrink no problem but some movies are coming up more than 4.7gb so Nero 6 can't burn it although I've removed extras and audio to shorten in so much. Such movies I can't copy like "The Recruit", "Scarface", and "Bringing Down the House" so far? Any questions, I know that I'm not doin anything wrong with the procedures cuz I've done it like 60 times. Just certain ones. Anyone can answer this question. Do these certain DVD's have some sort of copy or file that makes it more than 4.7gb so it's impossible to copy?

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

None of them are impossible to copy. You may have to go a little below the size the software is showing will fit on the disk. I suggest using a different program for a change such as DVD2one. Although I have also had the same exact problem from time to time with it also. You will just need to change the final size setting so it will fit. You can alway do one and then do the math to find out what the proper setting would need to be.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the green bar at the top of dvd shrink is an estimate. make the bar a little less than a full dvd and it will work.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you can always change programs to say clone dvd as this will compress the disc for you.
    i have managed to get over 6 gig onto a 4.7 disc

regards

andmerr

5. malum

malum Regular member

No you haven't, you have compressed 6 gigs of video files into 4.37 gigs of space.

This is probably what you meant but for the sake of newbies it's an important distinction.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey malum sorry, and thanks for pointing that out

catchya

andmerr