1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I get through verification in Toast?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by andysi, Mar 17, 2005.

1. andysi

andysi Member

I have a stack of 5 useless DVD-Rs that Toast burnt for me, but couldn't verify.

Each one as a Data Mismatch about 10% of the way in (but at a different sector). Or I've gotten a buffer issue more than halfway through.

I'm using good media that has worked for me in the past (many discs in even the same spindle have worked. I haven't burned in a while, and when I started up again, I've only encountered these verification problems). My DVD player will not read the .img file that I have burned (and not been able to verify - is verification necessary for the image to be read by a DVD player?)

I've tried running few applications as possible during verification, to no avail.

Using Toast 6.0.3 on Panther 10.3.8 with a 1GHz PowerBook with built-in SuperDrive.

If you have any insights on that, I'd be appreciative to hear them.

Thanks...

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I've had several discs that wouldn't verify but played fine in my dvd player...

3. xaosai

xaosai Member

You can turn off automatic verification in toast. I have it set to skip verification and mount directly to desktop where I check everything in dvd player. I've never had any problems not verifying, although I burn vts and ats files, not an image.