1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why cant i transfer files onto my PSP? screen closes down

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by mike_nofx, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mike_nofx

mike_nofx Member

My problem is that whenever i try to copy a file onto the memory card in my PSP, the windows screen closes down
    (eg. The windows screen which shows me E:\PSP\MUSIC\ or E:\MP_ROOT\)

It happens about 3 seconds into the file transfer, when im transfering a mp3 or mp4 video. Then i cannot open E:\PSP\ from windows explorer anymore.

After this happens, i try to open the file in my PSP and i get a corruption (mainly with movies, MP3's would work occasionally)

BUT, heres the strange thing. If i put the same memory card into my digital camera, and open windows explorer i still get the same folders (E:\PSP\ or E:\MP_ROOT\) exactly the same, and i can put MP3's or Videos into their correct folders no problems at all.

Then i put the memory card back into the PSP, and movies work fine! No corruptions.

Incase i made this all sound too confusing, i will summarise:

When i try to put files into the PSP memory card folders while card is in the PSP, the windows explorer screen shuts down 3-5 seconds into transfer. Then i get a corruption when i try to view files in the PSP.

When i put that exact same card into dig camera, I can transfer any files into the PSP Folders no prob at all. Then when i put card back into PSP, all files work no probs at all either!

Hope someone can help!

Mike

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

must be your psp's fault.try opening the bit near the memory stick slot and see if there's anything wrong.

3. mike_nofx

mike_nofx Member

Turned out to be a faulty cable!!!

Lucky it wasnt anything bad!