1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why cant shrink encode Shaun of the dead?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by babychar, Dec 23, 2004.

1. babychar

babychar Guest

I just got the movie a few days ago and as usual i would back it up. I ripped it to my hard drive and then start to use shrink to analysis and encode it. At the begining of the analysis, everything was going great but when it was finished with the analysis and went to encoding, the program goes nuts and shuted itself down. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem? Thankz for tanking time to read my problem.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What program did you rip it to your hard drive with?
    I used DVD Decrypter to rip it to the hard drive, DVD Shrink in re-author mode to just get the main title and then Nero to burn it to a disc.
    No problems at all.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I did it just like bardie,dvd shrink,main movie only,no enhancement, nero did the burning, bam high quility replica.Are you getting a cyclic redundancy error?A dirty disc can mess up the encoding portion and bring the process to a halt. Try cleaning it.

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Have you checked your CPU temp while running ShrinK? It pushes your CPU hard during Analysis and Encoding.Are you having problems with other movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  5. donnyo

donnyo Guest

I am having similar problems with Shaun of the Dead. I have tried ripping using Shrink and then I tried using Decrypter to Shrink and I am having the same problem. Shrink runs it through once fine, but when it goes back through for deep analysis it comes up with "Programming Error--Exception Occurred. Handle Not Valid". Not the disc as I have used two seperate original discs. I am trying to back up the entire disk. Any Ideas?

6. hackwolf

hackwolf Member

I have found that if dvdshrink wont work on the dvd, rip the movie with dvd decrypt. After that is done, use dvdshrink like normal with on the file that was ripped. I have yet to have a failure this way.

7. beltline

beltline Regular member

Shrink will work with it. I believe this is the "Running Man" problem several newer DVD have had. See this thread for Scuba Pete's fix on the situation. It's a nice easy 2 second fix: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/136413#707686

Edit: Okay this is Scuba Pete's fix for it. It works, that's how I made it through with no problems:
    If you're just bruning the movie, you shouldn't need to do this.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  8. solo81874

solo81874 Member

Hi,
    I had the same problem as the original poster, shrink would just close itself when it just before it started encoding on me, and scuba pete's fix worked for me, so thanks beltline, if my memory serves me right this fix worked for an error I was getting with the punisher as well.
    So thanks for all your help!
    Solo

9. bi-boy

bi-boy Member

Under "Unreferenced Materials" I don't have a "title 1" menus. There is:
    -Title Menus
    -VTS 1 Menu

Which one am I to change to static image?

10. lschantz

lschantz Guest

DVDXCopy burned entire movie it plays fine no problems.