1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't you have a baby on The Sims 2 PS2?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Aubrea, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Aubrea

Aubrea Member

if you can have a baby on The Sims 2 PC then why can't you have a baby on The Sims 2 PS2???

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Maybe you ain't doin' it right. Do you want me to draw you a picture?

Seriously, the reason you can't have a baby in Sims 2 for the PS2 is because they didn't put it in the PS2 version.

As it says, that goes for all the console versions. Maybe the thinking goes like this - the consoles are sort of toys, and well, toys are for kids, right? They sell them in Toys'R'Us, don't they? And kids shouldn't be having babies, or messing around with what I saw described as "s-x" on one forum. Even virtual "s-x". (?!) Sounds crazy, I know, but maybe they were scared the Church or politicians or somebody like that would make trouble for them? Maybe the suits at the big toy stores said "No way!".

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I did a web search to find out the answer to this, I saw lots of stuff about "downloading a baby" etc. That is just weird!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  3. Aubrea

Aubrea Member

ok well i was always really curious about that so just wondering thanks

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

PC version is much better anyway when sims 2 was comming to Ps2 about 1 year ago now i thought they would improve the online videos looked like it has when i got it it was so much more limited then the PC version and I liked the more friendly controls in the PC version also there is tones more itmes in teh PC version not to speak of expansions the only expansion that Ps2 has is Pets whihc technically isnt because its sims 2 with Sims Pets on one disc and you cannot use your old Sims 2 PS2 save which sucks.
    Stick to teh PC version.