1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did JVC have all their discs removed from the shelves in the USA?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by KlawdeK, May 16, 2011.

1. KlawdeK

KlawdeK Member

I read that JVC changed to using tai yuden discs back in 2009. I figured that would mean that they would be removing them from all the shelves in the USA. I went to the store and looked for JVC and where before they had them, once the sold all the old stock was sold, they stopped carrying JVC.

I like that JVC decided to use tai yuden discs. But why would they do so when it means there discs can no longer be sold in retail outlets in the USA and probably other countries as well?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

Are you sure the discs are not being sold under a different brand name,as n example we have here two mowers both exactly the same just different name & colour both made by masport,why buggered if i know,same goes for rover mowers in the uk they're known as scott bonar,best bet go with the crowd & use verbatim AZO

4. KlawdeK

KlawdeK Member

There is no media sold in the US that is made in japan. The instant JVC changed to tai tuden discs which are made in japan, JVC was removed from the shelves.

There is some type of law or custom that prevents the sale of Japanese made optical media from being sold retail in the USA.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

You can Find japanese Made Media In the USA ? it's Just that The retail Media { branded } as most would call it Is Generally Older Media and So Is just not Commonly - TheY opened a Super- almart near me a few years ago and I could have Bought enough Maxell Made in japan Reatail Dvd Media to last a Lifetime But it was'nt on sale ! When it was on sale price the maxells they had were no longer Made in japan but Just made in taiwan ! Usually Made for Maxell By Ritek !!!! - In any event You could always just Buy The Taiyo Yudens back then or Taiyo yuden/Jvc now so Win win either way