1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do all my Backup PS2 games lag?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Akalina, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Akalina

Akalina Member

So I use the silver slim PS2, and I use Swap Magic 3.8 to play backup games, but why is it everytime I use Swap Magic 3.8 on a backup, the audio gets delayed and the game lags on those movie parts, and if I use Swap Magic on a PS2 game that I got from the store, it won't lag at all, but the audio will still be delayed. Many people said it must be cuz of the brand DVD-R I use. I'm using Ativa DVD-R, and people say that's a very bad brand, but I tried using the best brands like Sony and Verbatim DVD-R, and when I do, the PS2 ether won't read them at all, or sometimes it will read them, but it will hardly read the CD, like everything will badly lag, same with any DVD+R discs. Any idea what's going on here? It seems like my PS2 reads the bad brand Ativa DVD-R best, but still lagging on movie parts with delayed audio. It seems like the more 3D the movie part is, the more likely it is to lag.

2. iceman195

iceman195 Member

I suggest using Free McBoot, just google it, and install it on your memory card and that might help the booting and running issues. Hope this helps.