1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do i lose volume when i rip audio?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by lunarvibe, Jan 14, 2002.

1. lunarvibe

lunarvibe Member

Yah I rip the audio from the vob file and its really damn quiet.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

That's normal. And that's why we recommend normalizing the audio -- if you are doing DivX clips (of course you're using our DivX guide, right?) use CDEx's normalizing feature and if you're doing MPEG clips, you can use TMPGEnc to normalize the audio.

3. BLHONG

BLHONG Guest

Please tell me how to use TMPGEnc to normalize the audio. Thank you for your help.

4. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

Click 'Setting', choose the 'Audio', check the 'Use Audio Edit' box, click 'Setting', check 'Change volume', and click 'Normalize'.

That's it.

5. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

does this work for dvd to vcd aswell cos the volume on my vcds is very low as well

6. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

The average audio level on DVDs is lower because of the large dynamic range. You can compress the dynamic range in DVD2AVI's options to try and make the audio louder - at the cost of dynamic range, of course. That means that explosions won't sound quite as loud and the engine sounds lose their.. grunt..