1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do i need to buy swap magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by imnobody, Jan 16, 2005.

1. imnobody

imnobody Member

i have a v7 ps2 and right now i have smd dvd 2.0 with smd cd 3.0 and using the slide card. Since I recently got a dvd burner i've been trying to backup ratchet and clank 3 using decrypter. I've had decrypter read the game and save in in iso into my hardrive and had it write it at lowes speed possible. I've also been writting it with nero. Once I swap smd dvd 2.0 with the game i get the blue screen (and i know thats good) i get to a second screen that is completely black. I was told i could swap magic fix it by burning files to a cd and i don't want to wast time to boot up games. The other thing i was told if were to use swap magic 3.3 i wouldn't need to do all that is that true? If so what is a realiable and cheap place to buy the new swap magic 3.3 (i just need the discs). thanks.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

You can stay patching. if you get the new disc you can run a 1:1 copy.

The benifit is if you ever get a new machine and chip it or a ps3 one day youll be sure to get the backup working.

A game PATCHED for SMD might not work on other methods. why alter it if you dont have to.

I suggest SMD 3.3.... less swapping in some cases and alot less patching means less headache later.

I think anyway. to each their own.