1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do i need to downgrade?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by chrono27, Mar 7, 2007.

1. chrono27

chrono27 Member

hi!, im new to this, i stop triying to hack things after i succesfully instaled the loader on my PS2, long time ago, so please talk slow. So i've been reading lots of treads and i still dont really understand why to downgrade, i have a PSP V2.71 dont know if its a TA081 or not, i opened the UMD and i think it says IC6001. so can some 1 please tellme what guide i need to load games from the MS? or the steps it takes to do it, and also why do i need a 100% battery for everything? cant i just conect it to the A/C? or does it have to be 100% batery and A/C at the same time? cause i think my batery is going bad it runs out faster the before, and i dont want to brick it, and also can i un-brickit?
    or do i have to get a new one?

thanx for helping.

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

a lot to answer back there...but let me see what i can help you with... um:

100% battery meaning if you do not have a a/c while donig it, but do not have an A/c in, and remove it during downgrade, as it may brick (keep it plugged in or not at all)

The only Firmwares that can be un bricked are OE-x's...so one you get an OE up and running, theres only about a 99.8% chance of bricking your psp... the .2 being for deleting flash0 folders; user error...

im not quite sure whether you are going to be able to run psp isos from any sony firmware.. but as far as i know, its only possible with a lot of apps: devhook, fastloader/umdemulator8 ***all together to be run at one time, just to play one game****

that is y so many ppl say downgrade and install OE-C, because it negates all of those steps, the emulator is built into the firmware...

anyway, hope that helps a little..

3. Hexcodez

Hexcodez Member

One very good reason to downgrade then install a custom firmware Is sticking it to "the man" and by man I mean Sony, and by Son't I mean SOE, I will never forgive them for what they did to Star Wars Galaxies ... so like I said personal satisfaction for sticking it to the man, you can always go that route.

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

why should i pay for mp3's? i can hear music when its not on, why should i pay for that? same thing man, why would you pay for anything in a store when you see thousands of ppl shoplifting and getting away with it ^free?...

then again, there are some people that are like: "I dont want to use illegal stuff" you people are the reason why the decriminization of ganja will never happen.....

fkn squares! leave me to mi sensi....and my homebrew..

5. Hexcodez

Hexcodez Member

this isn't about stealing, this is about retrieving what is owed from Sony ripping me off hella. Besides I pay for my mp3s, and my ISOs are made from my UMD's