1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do My DVD Players Quit Working

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by cubstuff, Jan 28, 2008.

1. cubstuff

cubstuff Member

I have a problem. I have went through 4 DVD players in the last 3 months. They all give the following error message: Either "No Disc", or "Bad Disc". Anyone know what could be causing this. They work fine in other rooms of the house, but after I bring them into the other room, they all do this and no longer work. I do have my high-voltage electricity coming into the garage on the other side of the wall from where the DVD players are. Could this cause the problem? Thanks.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Errr, what's the make and model of the players?

3. cubstuff

cubstuff Member

Not sure of the models. I have had 3 DVD players quit. A Sony, an Apex, and a Cyberhome.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  4. gargoyle4

gargoyle4 Member

I have had similar problems with dvd players quit working,

2 Koss # Ks4110 one them lasted a year and the other 6 months.
    Classic # ?? about 2 years.

So with only 90 day warranties on these thing there is nothing you can do about these things but just eat it.

All 3 of them were those Bad Friday specials for Thanksgiving.

Needless to say I currently with out a dvd player.
    I wish I could find one that would last.
    Problem I can not spend a lot of money one one.
    Seems like the electronics made today are make to self-destruct.

5. club42

club42 Regular member

I have a 3 year old Sony and 6 year old Pioneer that are both going strong after ton's of use. The Apex and the Cyberhome are pretty crappy
    brands so I would stay away from them in the future. I would say that since they only do that after plugging into that room it could be an electrical problem. Do you have a surge protector hooked up in that room? Also was it plugged into an outlet that it wired to a light switch? If it was turned off using a light switch rather than the power button it could cause problems.