1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do People use p2p

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by marcusita, Oct 26, 2007.

1. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I dont understand why people insist on using p2p,its slow,full of viruses and not very reliable.

I use newsgroups which download at lightning speeds rarely have viruses and are very reliable.

And limewire is the best p2p software

2. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

Slow?, full of viruses? I use demonoid, bithq and blackcats and could not be any happier. I have never had any of the problems that you have mentioned and depending on the torrent(s/l ratio) I get as high as 1 mbps (1000kbps) when I download

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I'll have to agree with LILBUCK, thousands of d/l's here and never a virus. Speeds with Torrents may match those of Newsgroups and are no less reliable, IRC was slow,though. I do prefer the no uploading in Newsgroups. Check out FrostWire in place of LimeWire.

4. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Thanks for replying.
    These are my experiences using p2p.
    I used software called utorrent and on my brothers 8mb broadband it would take over 24 hours for me to download a divx movie and days to download a 360 game.
    I started using newsgroups when i got my broadband in and its only 4mb,my limit on my newsleecher software is about 200kbps and i can download the same divx movie in about an hour.
    I also used limewire at the start and noticed people deliberatly put viruses in.
    I find the newsgroups better because i dont have to rely on someone elses computer being on to download something.
    But with programs like limewire i have to depend on someone keeping their computer on for the duration of the download.

5. jordangsu

jordangsu Member

its not very hard to avoid the downloads that contain viruses. Speed can be improved by tweaking settings...but I guess you are right, torrents suck when you dont know what you are doing, which is true for pretty much everything.

6. corn

corn Guest

Maybe you'r talking about public trackers, get into a private site, fast speeds, no viruses,and very reliable. I've never tried Newsgroups, and I only use Frostwire occasionally.

EDIT: I wouldn't download a movie from the Gnutella network, mainly because of poor quality, and too high of a chance of getting caught.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Right again, I should have clarified myself. Didn't even associate FrostWire with movies.

8. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Damn I hated those days when I had no idea that torrents existed,I used Bearshare and Limewire.Crap load of viruses,slow download speeds,and a small selection of everything.Thank god theirs torrents:)

9. corn

corn Guest

Yeah, lol. I downloaded a a 700mb file in Limewire, the quality was horrible!

10. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

demonoid is the best, limewire contains to many virus and bad movies and stuff, limewire caused 5 of my friends computer's to crash over a bad virus this p2p can not be trusted and if ur downloading just say happy feet the film would be something else, demonoid is far better at lease u know what ur getting on there. NO VIRUS.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  11. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

They aren't full of viruses and they're much faster.

But newsgroups are good too.